As much as I’m in love with traveling and seeing new interesting places, I feel like I’m dying during every single flight. So I’ve done plenty of research on what other people bring on their flights and worked out my own list of carry-on essentials which help me to survive a flight. So, without further ado, let’s get straight to my must-haves’ list! A little disclaimer: I do not take all of these stuff to every single flight. The amount of things I take depends on the flight duration, here’s the ultimate packing list for long-haul flights.
I feel more secure with my valuable things close at hand on the plane. I will more likely to have all of my gadgets in my carry-on bag and there are also some important things that you’ll want to have an easy access to. So I prefer to make sure that I have:
- Documents -passport, plane tickets, flight itinerary etc.
- Wallet – with cash and cards
- Headphones – can’t live without these guys
- Chargers – I put them all in a pencil case because I like them all to be in one place and not all over my bag
- Power bank – fully charged, in case the plane doesn’t have a USB port
- Sunglasses – to cover my panda-circles if concealer doesn’t help
No matter whether a flight is short or long, you would definitely like to make yourself feel comfy in those plane chairs. And sometimes sleep is going to be your best friend during the flight. In order to save myself from discomfort and any possible noise I try packing these:
- Scarf – big enough to use as a blanket
- Pillow – to be completely honest with you, I use this pillow as an anti-stress tool cause it has these little balls inside
- Eye mask – to block out the light; you can give your eyes some rest if you try eye masks with cooling or warming effect (I actually take both just because I’m extra)
- Earplugs – which are good at blocking out most of the noise, I have them with me just in case but they are too big for my ears and I usually use my headphones
- Cozy socks – cause planes are usually chilly & my legs tend to become swollen if I don’t take my shoes off
Sometimes films or games provided on planes don’t meet up my tastes that’s why I always bring something that can keep me occupied. My choices are:
- Notebook – to draw or write down some ideas
- Pencil case – with all stationary you’d like to take with you
- Reading materials – book or magazine if the stuff on your phone or tablet isn’t enough or if you want to save your device energy
I personally sometimes don’t find plane food that appealing. Usually, they serve pretty good food on long-haul flights, but I still prefer to have some sustenance with me like:
- Snacks – bars, nuts, crackers etc. basically something nutritious and not taking up too much space
- Water – or it’s better to say a reusable bottle which you can fill with water later because planes are extremely dehydrating
- Mints or gum – I usually take mints because they help me to prevent ear pain
- Vitamins – just in case. I don’t usually take them with me but I saw some people do so I decided to add them here anyway.
Before you pack, you’ll want to double check your airline rules and regulations to understand the fluid volume limit. Here’s a little tip: remember 3-1-1 liquids rule. Not more than 3 ounces(100 ml) per product, all in 1 quart-sized bag, 1 per person. Here are some things that I find useful to have with me during flights:
- Travel deodorant – cause your girl will definitely need it after 14 hours of travel
- Travel perfume – cause, you know, I want to smell good. I actually have two: stick perfume and this little Sephora atomizer with my favorite fragrance (if someone’s interested, it’s L’Occitane Terre De Lumiēre L’eau)
- Travel dry shampoo – I actually take baby powder instead because I’m not sure if those aerosol dry shampoos are allowed on board. Am I the only one whose hair turns into a flat static mess after every single flight?
- Small mirror – I’m lazy and I don’t want to go to the bathroom every single time I want to see how terrible I look
- Hairbrush + hair elastic
- Eye drops – my eyes become super itchy during the flight. Maybe that’s because of dehydration, I don’t really know
- Tissues + face wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Hand cream
- Travel toothbrush and toothpaste
- Face moisturizer or skincare products(for long-haul flights) – can’t skip my routine just because I’m on the plane
- SOS face treatment – because little face demon can show up on my face at the most inappropriate moment. Now I use A’pieu NonCo Tea Tree Stick but I really like Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Spot Treatment as well.
- Makeup – everything you basically need. Here’s what I take(yeah, maybe that’s too much but, trust me, I need all this stuff to look alive and somewhat presentable after the flight):
- Missha The Original Tension Pact
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage concealer
- Physicians Formula powder
- Sephora Luminizer to go
- Shara Shara Feminine Single blusher
- Bobbi Brown Long-wear Cream Stick in Sand Dune
- Nature Republic Girlish Pink eyeshadow palette
- Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
- Lancôme Juicy Shaker lip gloss
And there you have it. You are ready for your flight.
Hope you enjoyed this post.
Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment.