I’ve never cared about Valentine’s Day and never tried to look special on this day because I’m a part of the team lonely. However this year I was really inspired to do Valentine’s Day look and decided to share it with you. Hope you enjoy!
STEP 1. PREP YOUR SKIN
In my previous (and first ever) makeup tutorial I mentioned that preparing your skin before applying makeup is super important. I also listed products I often use so you can check them out in that post.
STEP 2. BASE MAKEUP
As you can tell by the title of this step, I did my base makeup, my brows and primed my eyelids.
- Foundation – Missha The Original Tension Pact Intense Moisture (shade No. 13)
- Concealer – Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer (shade 05 Ivory)
- Powder – Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder
- Eyeshadow primer – NYX Proof it! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer
- Eyebrows – NYX Micro Brow Pencil (shade 05 Ash Brown)
STEP 3. EYE MAKEUP
Okay, here things become a little bit complicated for me since I’m really bad at explaining. But I’ll try my best, I promise.
First, I took a packing brush and the shade Rebirth from Lime Crime’s Venus palette and put in my crease, outer corner and inner corner.
Then, the shade Shell goes in the middle of my eyelid. I prefer to put shimmer shades with my finger cause I feel like they are more pigmented this way. After that, I took a blending brush and blended where Shell meets Rebirth to create a transition between these shades.
The shade Aura went on the top of Shell and in the inner corner as a highlight.
Now to the lower lash line. I put Rebirth on the outer half of my lower lid and Shell on the inner half. Then, I took a liner brush and put the shade Venus right below my lower lashes.
Eye makeup is almost done! What we have left are eyeliner and lashes. With black eyeliner, I drew a simple wing. After that applied a thin coat of mascara, put on false eyelashes and blended them with my lashes by adding another coat of mascara.
- Eyeshadows – Lime Crime Venus (shades Rebirth, Shell, Aura and Venus)
- Eyeliner – NYX Epic Ink Liner (Love this one but I have to be super careful since it doesn’t come off easily!)
- Mascara – Essence Rock’n’Doll mascara
- Eyelash glue – DUO Striplash Clear Adhesive
- False lashes – Decorative Eyelash Playgirl Play Cute
The hardest part of this makeup done. Yay!
STEP 4. FACE MAKEUP
It’s time to finish face makeup. For this look, I decided to go with soft pink shimmer blush and pinkish highlighter. Later I also decided to add red hearts on my cheekbones (it’s Valentine’s look after all, right?)
- Blush – Lumene Nordic Nude Light Reflecting Blush (shade 2)
- Highlighter – NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder in 04 Snow Rose (You can read my review on this highlighter here)
STEP 5. LIPS
For this look, I decided to move away from matte lipsticks and tried to do gradient lips. First, applied a thin, not fully opaque layer of red lipstick with a finger. Then put red tint to the center of my lips and top everything with lipgloss.
- Lipstick – Maybelline Color Sensationals Creamy Matte Lipstick (shade Siren In Scarlet)
- Tint – NYX Epic Ink Lip Dye(shade 04 Charmer)
- Lip gloss – Eveline Cosmetics Lovers Ultra Shine (shade No. 562)
STEP 6. SET EVERYTHING
Now we just have to lock our makeup in place with a setting spray!
- Setting spray – NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray
And we are pretty much done! Now you are ready to go on a date with your significant other or, if you are like me, make several (or several hundred) photos for social media.
So, this was my makeup for Valentine’s Day! Hope you liked it! Share your opinion in the comment section below and tell me, do you celebrate Valentine’s Day or not.
Sending lots of love and until next time!